Date(s) - 17/07/2017 - 21/07/2017
The 7th Conference of the European Survey Research Association (ESRA) will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, from 17th to 21st July 2017. The conference will be hosted by the University of Lisbon, jointly by the School of Economics and Management (ISEG), the Centre for Research in Social Sciences and Management (CSG) and the Institute for Social Sciences (ICS).
Call for sessions now open
The scientific committee is now inviting researchers who are active in the field of survey research and survey methodology to submit proposals to organise sessions at the conference.
For your session to be considered, please submit an abstract (max. 400 words) together with 3-5 keywords by 15th September 2016. To submit a proposal you must login to your ESRA account (or create a new account if you do not already have one) and then follow the instructions provided.
Session proposals are invited in any area of survey methodology, or in substantive areas of survey research. We encourage proposals from researchers with a variety of backgrounds, including academic research, national statistics and market research.
The following are examples of topics that are of particular interest:
- Sample designs, coverage, and sampling
- Fieldwork processes
- Unit and item nonresponse
- Weighting and imputation
- Questionnaire development, testing and piloting
- Interviewers and interviewer effects
- Mixing modes and mode effects
- Online survey methods and surveys on mobile devices
- Linking survey data to auxiliary data sources
- Using paradata to evaluate survey quality
- Methods for cross-national and cross-cultural surveys
- Longitudinal surveys and longitudinal analysis techniques
- Analysing, monitoring and reducing Total Survey Error
- Experiments in general population surveys
- Data documentation, archiving and data access
- Survey analysis techniques
- Election polling and public opinion
- Social indicators
- Substantive applications of survey research
As a session organiser you are expected to encourage paper submissions to your session, review paper proposals with regards to their suitability in terms of focus and quality, liaise with presenters and the conference organisers and chair your session during the conference. If the conference committee accepts your proposal, your session will be advertised in an open call for papers that will be issued in October 2016.
The organizing committee – Annelies Blom, Caroline Roberts, Alice Ramos, João Peixoto, Monica Fraga, Margarida Piteira, Eldad Davidov and Bart Meuleman
For all questions regarding transportation, the conference venue, accommodation, payments and other logistics, please contact email@example.com.
For questions regarding the scientific program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.